Reduce your global warming impacts without reducing your standard of living.
Cooling Our Planet
Save Money and Reduce your Greenhouse Gases.
Low cost ideas include
- sealing the gaps in your house like cracks in the walls, and around the skirting boards etc,
- putting weather sealing around your door and windows, fans etc.
- You can even get plastic sheeting that will double glaze your windows at a fraction of the cost of install new windows.
- Fitting water restrictors on taps, in the shower etc.
- Start growing some of your own organic food
- Getting grey water diverters to use your grey water in the garden
- buy a bicycle
- put outside shades or blinds on north and west facing windows
- replace your old light bulbs with energy efficient ones
Middle price solutions
- Solar hot water heater, most will pay for themselves in a few years then you'll have free hot water.
- replacing your old widows with better insulated ones
- Insulating your walls and floors and checking your ceiling insulation it may need topping up
- Installing a permanent grey water system
- installing rain water tanks
- buy an electric bike or scooter
- Put a glasshouse on the north face of your home to capture winter sun and have closable ducts to let the hot air into your home.
- Put a shade house on the south side of the house and planet it with moisture loving planets and have low closable vents to let in the cool air in summer
- install some high windows on the north side of the house to let out hot air in summer.
Higher Priced Solutions
- Install solar panels
- buy a more fuel efficient car
- invest in motion senses that will turn off your lights when you leave the room
For more detailed and in-depth information on
sustainable living and energy saving
check out our range of great ebooks by clicking here
and don't forget to sign up for our free ecourse at the top of this page
If you live in Geelong and need your car cleaned or car detailed contact Geelong's Best Car Detailer - Denis's Detailing
Click here Car Detailing Geelong